Chief Master Sergeant Blum is the Security Forces Manager, Air Force Security Forces Center, Joint Base San Antonio, Lackland, Texas. He is the senior enlisted leader of this Primary Subordinate Unit, with over 284 personnel assigned to 8 geographically separated areas. He also serves as the senior enlisted mentor to all assigned enlisted members, which includes members from 15 different Air Force specialties. Additionally, Chief Blum oversees the execution of policy and guidance affecting more than 30,000 active duty, guard, and reserve component personnel. He works parallel with the Security Forces Career Field Manager and MAJCOM Security Forces Managers which provides senior enlisted perspective to the Security Forces Executive council on organizing, training, and equipping the career field. Lastly, Chief Blum advises more than 220 field Chiefs and commanders on matters of personal management, training, organization, resource allocation, and Integrated Defense doctrine.
Chief Master Sergeant Blum grew up in Southern California and initially
entered the Air Force in April 1996. He graduated from the security forces specialist course at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, in August 1996. His background includes various security forces duties at the unit and
headquarters levels. His assignments include bases in Montana, Alaska, and Texas. He also served overseas in Italy and deployed to Iraq multiple times in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
1996 Security Forces Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2000 Airman Leadership School, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Elmendorf AFB, Alas.
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2009 Associate of Applied Science degree in criminal justice, Community College of the Air Force 2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force 2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Joint DoD-DoE Nuclear Surety Executive Course, Washington Naval Yard, Washington, D.C. 2014 Physical Security Certification, Defense Security Service
1. April 1996 - June 1996, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. June 1996 - August 1996, Student, Technical Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. September 1996 - September 1999,WS3 Operator, 31st Security Forces Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
4. October 1999 - June 2004, Assistant Flight Sergeant, 741st Missile Security Forces Squadron, Malmstrom AFB,Mont.
5. June 2004 - June 2008, NCOIC Training, 354th Security Forces Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alas. (June 2005 - January 2006, Squad Leader, Camp Bucca, Iraq) (May 2007 - December 2007, Squad Leader, Camp Bucca, Iraq)
6. June 2008 - October 2012, Operations Superintendent, 741st Missile Security Force Squadron,
7. October 2012 - June 2015, Superintendent, Programs, Requirements, and Innovations Division, Air
Force Security Forces Center Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
8. June 2015 - June 2017, Security Forces Manager, 741st Missile Security Forces Squadron,
9. July 2017 - June 2018, Security Forces Manager, 802d Security Forces Squadron, Joint Base San
10. June 2018 - Present, Security Forces Manager, Air Force Security Forces Center, Joint Base San
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal
Air Force Combat Action Medal
2008 John L. Levitow Award, NCO Academy
2009 341st Space Wing Security Forces Support Staff SNCO of the Year
2010 20th Air Force Security Forces Support Staff SNCO of the Year
2010 341st Space Wing SNCO of the Year
2012 Distinguished Graduate, SNCO Academy
2013 Air Force Association Kellogg SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant November 2015
(Current as of June 2018)